NMICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Foundation (TiHAN-IITH) at IIT Hyderabad importantly focuses on the research, design, and development of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems for UAVs, ROVs, etc. With a synergistic industry and academic collaborations, the hub aims at realizing the utilization of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems. TiHAN-IITH is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Hence, the hub would like to invite proposal for Seed Support System (SSS) funding in the following thrust areas or verticals, but not limited to:
Autonomous and Intelligent Navigation Systems for Ground, Aerial, and Water Surface Vehicles; Applications of Autonomous Navigation Technologies in Agriculture, Infrastructure Monitoring (Power Line, Constructions, Pipelines, Railway Tracks, etc.), Surveillance (Maritime, Airtime, Terrestrial), and Environmental Monitoring (Air, Water, Industrial Pollutants, etc.).
The proposals should aim towards translational technology research and development, considering the commercialization aspects in the aforementioned areas. The proposals can focus on the development of one or more technological aspects (provided below) for usage in the afore-mentioned thrust areas:
- AI/ML Frameworks for autonomous navigation and efficient multi-sensory data aggregation using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), etc.
- IoT and CPS architectures for efficient usage of UAVs, ROVs, etc., in the Indian context.
- Communications and Networking for Autonomous Navigation like DSRC, CV2X, etc.
- Efficient edge computing architectures for multi-sensory information processing
- Robotics related to autonomous systems
- Design for Smart Mobility (aerial/terrestrial)
- Autonomous vehicle swarms and their applications
- Control, Power, and design aspects of UAVs, ROVs, etc.
- Connected unmanned aerial/terrestrial/underwater/underground systems
Hub is currently seeking proposals for a duration of 12 to 18 months for funding SSS working in the above core areas with proven track records.
Seed Support System (SSS) – To ensure timely availability of seed support to the deserving incubated startups, thereby enabling them to take their venture to next level and facilitate towards their success in the marketplace.
Eligibility for Seed Support System (SSS):
- Applicant must be an Indian company registered under the Companies Act or comply with the definition of Start-up as per the latest notification of DIPP (Available at http://startupindia.gov.in).
- [Indian company: 51% or more shareholding is with an Indian citizen or a person of Indian origin].
- There must be at least one dedicated entrepreneur involved in the Venture. There must be a formal business plan.
- The venture and the team must have high ethical & professional Standards.
- The venture must have a strong technology/knowledge component and EHS requirements must be met.
- Key Proof-of-Concept must be demonstrated & must be reproducible.
- The venture must be registered as a private limited company or must be in the process of registration.
- The amount of funding will be up to Rs.50 Lakh. The entrepreneur(s) must be willing to share equity in the venture.
- The seed funds requested must be for activities such as product development, prototyping, scale-up, developing IP portfolio, test marketing, trials, certification, and testing.
Funding: The financial aid will be up to INR 50 Lakhs for the accepted proposal.
Proposal Preparation Guidelines:
The proposal should be submitted as a PDF file adhering to the format provided in Annexure A. Each proposal submitted by SSS must also be accompanied by an endorsement letter as per the template provided in Annexure B.
Proposal Preparation Templates:
Annexure A – Proforma for EIR/PRAYAS/Startup Proposal – TiHAN IITH Download
Proposal Submission Guidelines: Please fill out the following Google Form for uploading the proposal:
Last Date to Apply: Rolling Advertisement
Any Queries May be Addressed To: email@example.com