NMICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Foundation (TiHAN-IITH) at IIT Hyderabad importantly focuses on the research, design, and development of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems for UAVs, ROVs, etc. With a synergistic industry and academic collaborations, the hub aims at realizing the utilization of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems. TiHAN-IITH is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Hence, the hub would like to invite a Special drive for EIR proposal funding in the following thrust areas or verticals, but not limited to:
Autonomous and Intelligent Navigation Systems for Ground, Aerial, and Water Surface Vehicles; Applications of Autonomous Navigation Technologies in Agriculture, Infrastructure Monitoring (Power Line, Constructions, Pipelines, Railway Tracks, etc.), Surveillance (Maritime, Airtime, Terrestrial), and Environmental Monitoring (Air, Water, Industrial Pollutants, etc.).
The proposals should aim towards translational technology research and development, considering the commercialization aspects in the aforementioned areas. The proposals can focus on the development of one or more technological aspects (provided below) for usage in the afore-mentioned thrust areas:
- AI/ML Frameworks for autonomous navigation and efficient multi-sensory data aggregation using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), etc.
- IoT and CPS architectures for efficient usage of UAVs, ROVs, etc., in the Indian context.
- Communications and Networking for Autonomous Navigation like DSRC, CV2X, etc.
- Efficient edge computing architectures for multi-sensory information processing
- Robotics related to autonomous systems.
- Design for Smart Mobility (aerial/terrestrial)
- Autonomous vehicle swarms and their applications
- Control, Power, and design aspects of UAVs, ROVs, etc.
- Connected unmanned aerial/terrestrial/underwater/underground systems.
Hub is currently seeking proposals for a duration of 6 months for funding EIR working in the above core areas with proven track records.
Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) – to encourage graduating students to take entrepreneurship as career by providing support in the form of fellowship.
- The EIR applicant should be a citizen of India.
- An Indian citizen is defined as one who is in possession of a government-approved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s ID, etc.
- The EIR applicant should have completed/pursing of formal full-time undergraduate/postgraduate/Ph.D./Post-Doctoral Fellow education programme and relevant experience is mandatory.
- Applicant should have a scalable Technology-based business idea in a prescribed format.
Funding: The financial aid will be up to INR 3 Lakhs for the accepted proposal.
Proposal Preparation Guidelines:
The proposal should be submitted as a PDF file adhering to the format provided in Annexure A.
Proposal Preparation Templates:
Proposal Submission Guidelines: Please fill out the following Google Form for uploading the proposal:
Any Queries May be Addressed To: firstname.lastname@example.org