Applications are invited for the System Administration
- Completed B.Tech/ B.E/ in IT/CS/EE/ECE in First Class or MCA/ M.Sc.( Computers)/ B.Sc. ( Computers) with First Division.
- Any other Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in First Division with Min: 1 Year of System Administration Experience.
- 0-5 Years in System Administration.
- Freshers with Good Training Knowledge and willingness to learn can also apply.
- Install, configure, and Troubleshoot all the servers/ workstations/ laptops working on Linux or Windows platforms.
- Knowledge of Red Hat, Centos, Debian, and Ubuntu installations.
- Responsible for maintaining Linux servers/ Workstations.
- To carry out all Linux administration activities.
- User and Group Administration – Create Sudo users, drive partitions, and Permissions. Daily patches to servers.
- Knowledge of Linux Directory structure
- Knowledge of protocols such as SCP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, and SNMP.
- Shell scripting, Cron Jobs.
- Understand Storage concepts.
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Files and Directory Management
- Data Backup and Recovery
- Software Package Administration
- Understanding of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and DNS concepts
- Disk Partitioning and Mounting File System – Creating, Formatting, and mounting the partitions.
- FTP Server
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies.
- Knowledge of Assembling Computers/ Workstations/ Servers and Computer peripherals.
- Web Server (Apache)
- Basics of Web Service, Configuring Apache to host the website.
- Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring the NFS file-sharing server.
- Mounting NFS shared folder from client Systems.
Nature of job:
- Contractual for a period of 11 months (extension subject to performance)
- Rs.18,000pm to 45,000/pm (based on qualification & experience)
How to Apply:
- Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, should apply through the link given above.
- For more details, please visit https://tihan.iith.ac.in/careers/
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their eligibility criteria, academic record, and relevant experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email for the interview by the selection committee.
- Merely meeting the criteria may not guarantee a call for an interview.
- The position will be left vacant and a new advertisement with an extended date will be given if no suitable candidate is found.
- Accommodation will not be provided by TiHAN Foundation or IIT HYDERABAD.
- Please note that the position is on-site & within IIT Hyderabad campus.