The Hub invites applications from Indian nationals for the following post:
Position: Chief/Hub Executive Officer
Emoluments: Consolidated Pay of Rs. 18 to 24 lakhs per year (negotiable)
- First-class undergraduate degree preferably B.E./B. Tech in any Engineering discipline from an IIT or educational institution of similar repute.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Engineering from recognized Universities/ Institute of repute with good track record (Preferably from IIMs and IITs / equivalent international universities)
Experience: Minimum 8 years of working experience in technology business sector experience and at least 4 years of experience in a Techno-Managerial Role.
Candidate should be responsible for leading the different activities to achieve the objectives of the Hub and maintaining cordial relationships with all stakeholders of the Hub like Academia, Industry, Financial entities, R&D organizations (both public and private), and others.
- Strategic execution of Hub activities and facilities development.
- Be responsible to develop, design, and deliver various schemes according to the HUB objectives.
- Be the coordinating manager of the partnership between Hub and Host Institute by leveraging the resources of the host organization for the benefit of the program.
- Planning and executing events related to research and start-up, funding, investment, mentoring, workshops, skill development, training programs, periodic outreach activities etc.
- Focus on the research translation, commercialization, and business development activities of Hub.
- Forge partnerships with other organizations for promoting hub services and revenue generation mechanisms.
- Monitor and implement required statutory norms for grants management and legal compliance of the Hub.
- Implement a roadmap for generating revenues to make Hub, plan and execute strategies for financial self-sustainability of the hub beyond the initial Grant-in-Aid period from DST.
- Representing the Hub at various events, conferences, symposiums, expos, and relevant forums.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, public speaking and written communication. Reports and documentation creation.
- Prior experience in R&D portfolio management.
- Effective and strong network-building capabilities to establish relationships with the various stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Good understanding of the industry-Academia & Start-up ecosystem
- Ability to lead the team and achieve the Hub objectives and targets.
- Should be willing to travel extensively.
How to apply:
- Candidates, who fulfil the eligibility criteria, should apply through the link given above.
- For more details, please visit: https://tihan.iith.ac.in/careers/
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed for an Interview by E-mail with details.
- The interview for the selection may be either online (likely) or physical depending on the situation.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their eligibility criteria, academic record, and relevant experience
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email for the interview by the selection committee
- Merely meeting the criteria may not guarantee a call for an interview
- The position will be left vacant and a new advertisement with an extended date will be given if no suitable candidate is found.
- Accommodation will not be provided by TiHAN Foundation or IIT HYDERABAD
- Please note that the position is on-site & within IIT Hyderabad campus.