About DST NM-ICPS TiHAN :
NMICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Foundation TiHAN is a Section 8 company founded at IIT Hyderabad. Department of Science and Technology (DST)under the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS), Government of India has sanctioned the prestigious Technology Innovation Hub to IIT Hyderabad in the technological vertical of Autonomous Navigation and Data Acquisition Systems (UAVs, ROVs, etc.). The vision of the hub is to become a global destination for next generation smart mobility technologies that utilize reliable and efficient autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems. TiHAN is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. With a synergetic industry and academic collaborations, the hub aims at realizing the utilization of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems in the Indian as well as international context. TiHAN in collaboration with IIT Hyderabad has established a New Interdisciplinary 2-year M. Tech program on Smart mobility which is first of its kind in the country.
TiHAN Skill Development Mission:
For enhancing the Autonomous Navigation and Data Acquisition Ecosystem in the country, TiHAN is on a mission to build a talent pool and provide adequate training in market relevant skills to students, professionals, faculty, researchers, startups etc.
Guidelines for TIHAN’s Skill Development initiatives:
Skill development initiative training partners can be:
- Faculty of reputed institutions
- Training professionals/organizations
- ITI/Polytechnic colleges
- Incubators/ Startups
Skill development initiative examples:
- Workshop & Boot camp (offline)
- Online courses
- Hybrid courses
- Certificate courses
- Technology/Product development courses
* Not restricted to only these examples
* Preference will be given for workshops / certificate courses to ITI/ Polytechnic college students, industry professionals.
* Preference will be given to programme that target for technology/product development as the output of the skill development activity.
- Skill Development initiatives are open for all the categories (students, working professionals, researchers, faculties, etc.) provided they have met the prerequisites for participating in the program.
- The skill development program should be conducted for at least minimum 30 working days.
- Proposals with multiple workshops spread across period specified in proposal duly indicating the target groups are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum number of participants should be at least 30.
- Funding will be up to Rs 4 lakh. Fund requirement duly indicating the heads of expenditures should be detailed out in the proposal like Manpower/Honorarium, Technology Development, Consumables, Training kits, Contingency and Institute overhead.
- Registration charges needs to be specifically indicated and could vary based on target groups. Registration charges shall be directly payable to TiHAN from participants.
- TiHAN will issue the certificate along with the training organization in digital format. No hard copies are provided from TiHAN’s end. The training organization is responsible for the hard copy if needed.
- Selection will be based on your application which includes:
- Relevance of the topics
- Curriculum/ content needs to be approved by TiHAN.
- The following guidelines for TiHAN Skill Development initiatives are funded/semi-funded based on the committee’s decision.
- Step by step selection procedure:
Step 1: A concept note proposal is needed to be submitted to the TiHAN’s selection
committee through the Website for review and approval.
Step 2: A committee will review the proposals & filter the applications
Step 3: Expert committee interview the selected applicants
Step 4: TiHAN will issue sanction order to the organization with terms and conditions
which includes payments, execution plan, responsibilities, etc. before starting the
Step 5: Announce the partnership through Website & social media
Deadline: Continuous evaluation of the submitted proposals and appropriate intimation.