DST NM-ICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation and Data
Acquisition Systems (UAVs, ROVs, etc.) –TiHAN at IIT Hyderabad importantly focuses on
the research, design, and development of autonomous navigation and data acquisition
systems for UAVs, ROVs, etc. With a synergistic industry and academic collaborations, the
hub aims at realizing the utilization of autonomous navigation and data acquisition systems.
Hence, the hub would like to accept R&D funding proposals in the following thrust areas or
verticals, but not limited to:
Autonomous and Intelligent Navigation Systems for Ground, Aerial, and Water Surface
Vehicles; Applications of Autonomous Navigation Technologies in Agriculture,
Infrastructure Monitoring (Power Line, Constructions, Pipelines, Railway Tracks, etc.),
Surveillance (Maritime, Airtime, Terrestrial), and Environmental Monitoring (Air, Water,
Industrial Pollutants, etc.).
The proposals should aim towards transitional technology research and development,
considering the commercialization aspects in the aforementioned areas. The proposals can focus on the development of one or more technological aspects (provided below) for usage in the aforementioned thrust areas:
- AI/ML Frameworks for autonomous navigation & efficient multi-sensory data aggregation using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), etc.
- IoT and CPS architectures for efficient usage of UAVs, ROVs, etc., in the Indian context.
- Communications and Networking for Autonomous Navigation like DSRC, CV2X, etc.
- Efficient edge computing architectures for multi-sensory information processing
- Aerodynamics and Mechanical Design aspects of efficient UAVs, ROVs, etc.
- Robotics related to autonomous systems
- Design for Smart Mobility (aerial/terrestrial)
- Autonomous vehicle swarms and their applications
- Control, Power and design aspects of UAVs, ROVs, etc.
- Connected unmanned aerial/terrestrial/underwater/underground systems
Hub is currently seeking proposals for a duration of 12 to 18 months from Scientists/
Engineers/ Technologists and faculty members working in Universities/ Academic institutions/ Registered Scientific Societies/ R&D institutions/ Laboratories/ Autonomous R&D organizations of the Government with due approval of Competent Authority having
adequate infrastructural facilities to carry out R&D activities.
Proposals with industry participation and Inter-Disciplinary nature are strongly encouraged.
Proposals are also invited from Start-Ups working in these core areas with proven track
Eligibility criteria for start-up is as below:
1. Applicant must be an Indian company registered under Companies Act or comply with the definition of Start-up as per the latest notification of DIPP (Available at http://startupindia.gov.in).
[Indian company: 51% or more shareholding is with Indian citizen or person of Indian
2. If Applicant is not yet registered as a start-up, they are still allowed to participate, but are required to get registered if they get selected for the final grant-in-aid.
3. Should have incubated in an incubation center or technology/ research park supported by the Central or State Government. Letter from the incubation center or technology/ research park should be submitted with the proposal application.
Note: The applicant would be required to furnish the proof of such registrations and
necessary balance sheets with the proposal
The financial aid will be up to 25 lakhs for each accepted proposal.
Proposal Preparation Guidelines:
The proposal should be submitted as a PDF file adhering to the format provided in the Annexure A. Each proposal must also be accompanied by an endorsement letter duly signed by the head of the affiliated institution. The template is provided in Annexure B.
Each proposal submitted by a start-up must also be accompanied by an endorsement letter as per the template provided in Annexure C.
Proposal Submission Templates:
Proposal Submission Guidelines:
Please fill the following Google Form for uploading the proposal: https://bit.ly/3Cyh5Yg
Last Date to Apply: 05/12/2021
Any queries may be addressed to: