The DST-NMICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation and Data Acquisition Systems (UAVs, ROVs, etc.) is sponsored by the Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt of India, and will focus on cutting-edge technology development, promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship activities, and manpower training in the broad areas of Autonomous Navigation and Data Acquisition Systems.
The Hub invites applications from Indian nationals for the following post:
Position: Hub/Chief Operating Officer – 1 Post (Temporary appointment on Contract basis for a period of 18 months, renewable based on performance)
Emoluments: Consolidated Pay of Rs. 12 to 15 lakhs per year (negotiable)
- First class undergraduate degree preferably B. E./B. Tech in any Engineering discipline
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Engineering from recognized Universities/Institute of repute with good track record (Preferably from IIMs and IITs)
Experience: Minimum 6 years of working experience in technology business sector experience and At least 4 years of experience in Techno-Managerial Role
Candidate should be responsible for leading the operations and overseeing the activities and overall administration of the hub while maintaining the internal liaison with the IIT Hyderabad faculty and external liaison with the industry, financial entities, R&D organizations (both public and private), and various stake holders of the Hub.
- Be responsible to develop, design and deliver various schemes according to the HUB objectives.
- Be the coordinating manager of the partnership between Hub and IIT Hyderabad by leveraging the resources of the host organization for the benefit of the program.
- Planning and executing events related to research and startup funding, investment, mentoring, workshops, training programs etc.
- Provide continued strategic execution of R&D and facilities development.
- Focus on the research translation and commercialization activities.
- Forge partnerships with other organizations for promoting hub services and revenue generation mechanisms.
- Monitor and implement required statutory norms for grants management and legal compliance of the Hub
- Representing the Hub at various events, conferences, etc.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, public speaking and written communication.
- Prior experience in R&D portfolio management.
- Effective and strong network building capabilities to establish relationships with the various stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Good understanding of the Industry-Academia ecosystem
- Ability to lead the team and execute projects and R&D work groups independently.
- Should be willing to travel extensively
How to apply:
- Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, should apply in the following link with updated CV/Resume: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKwydvWBdG0H_i4wNPlDor3nbcqGn65aa0SmazMp1WG6rOIQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Please provide 2 references with email and possible mobile numbers in the CV/Resume for us to reach them.
- Last date to apply: 31 October 2020
- Short listed candidates will be informed with the interview details by E-mail.
- Candidates should bring detailed Bio-data with the original & one set of photocopies of all relevant certificates / documents along with them.
- No TA/DA will be given to a candidate.