Prof. Raja Sengupta appointed as TiHAN Chair Professor.
Prof. Raja Sengupta Civil and Environmental Engineering at UC Berkeley
Dr. Raja Sengupta is a Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UC Berkeley. Sengupta’s research focuses on automated cars, drones, connected cars, smartphone apps for economics & transportation, Wireless communications, and Inertial navigation for vehicle systems.
- Professor, Systems Program, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California-Berkeley, July 2012 to present.
- CEO Responsible Robotics Inc, June 2017 to Present.
- Director, Cal Unmanned Aviation Lab, June 2015 to present (video)
- Advisor and Seed Technologist Connected Car startup automatic.com exit with Sirius XM,$100 million, 2011-17
- Director, X-Mobile Lab, UC Berkeley on Economics and Mobile Computing, 2015-17.
- Creator of Wireless Congestion Control for Connected Car standard SAE J2945, March 2016.
- Principal Investigator, NSF Cyber-Physical Cloud Computing Project, 2010-16.
- Deputy Director, Center for Collaborative Control of Unmanned Vehicles, 2001-10
- Associate Professor, Systems Program, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California-Berkeley, July 2007 to 2012.
- Assistant Professor, Systems Program, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California-Berkeley, July 2001 to June 2007.
- Senior Consultant, Mitretek Systems, June to November 1998:Technical advisor to the USDOT Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Joint Programs Office.
- Lead Connected & Automated Cars, PATH Program, UC Berkeley, 1998-2001.
- Safety Engineering Lead, National Automated Highway System Consortium, 1995-97.
Awards & Honors:
- Best Paper IEEE International Systems Conference 2017, Montreal, Canada. An Energy Based Flight Planning System for Unmanned Traffic Management
- Berkeley Energy and Climate Lectures Curriculum Innovation Award, 2014, http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/news/801
- USDOT Connected Vehicle Technology Award 2011